3. Thanks lethiminh thanked for this post
    Tham gia ngày
    May 19th 2012
    Nơi Cư Ngụ
    Trái Đất Nầy - This Planet Earth
    Bài gởi
    Post Thanks / Like

Monsieur Verdoux 1947

Lần đầu coi, thấy chán quá, nuốt không trôi.
    Lần thứ hai coi lại vì hiếu kỳ nhưng vẫn nuốt không trôi, sao CC lại có cái phim nghịch đời nầy
    Lần thứ ba ráng coi lại, hiếu kỳ muốn coi để hiểu ......... coi đến lần thứ năm mới hiểu ra chút chút ...
    CC bắt đầu xuống dốc từ đây, xả hội không chấp nhận phim nầy dù đây là từ chuyện thật, CC bị trù dập và bị buộc rời Mỹ dù trước đó được "ban" cho cái quốc tịch Mỹ nhưng ông không thèm nhận.
    Phim CC bị cấm cho đến, có lẻ 1987 mới được chiếu lại ...

Monsieur Verdoux
    "Henri Verdoux had been a bank teller for thirty years before being laid off. To support his wife and child, he turns to the business of marrying and murdering wealthy widows. The Couvais family becomes suspicious when Thelma Couvais draws all her money and disappears, only two weeks after marrying a man named "Varnay", whom they only know through a photograph. As Verdoux (Chaplin) prepares to sell the residence of the murdered Thelma, widowed Marie Grosnay visits the residence. Verdoux sees her as another "business" opportunity and attempts to charm her, but she refuses. In the following weeks, Verdoux has a flower girl repeatedly send Grosnay flowers. In need of money to invest, Verdoux, as M. Floray, visits widow Lydia Floray (Hoffman), who complains that his engineering job has kept him away too long. That night, Verdoux murders her for her money.

Verdoux develops a poison untraceable by autopsy to use as a better means to kill. He meets The Girl (Nash) on a rainy night on the street, takes her in, and gives her poisoned wine along with eggs and toast. She thanks him for his kindness, remarks about love, her dead husband (who served in the war), and how she still believes in love. Verdoux changes his mind as she is about to sip the wine, and he spares the girl. She leaves unknowing of his cynical intentions.

Verdoux makes several attempts to murder Annabella Bonheur, including by strangulation while boating, and by poisoned wine, but she manages to escape unknowingly while putting Verdoux himself in danger or near death. Grosnay eventually relents to the continual flowers from Verdoux and invites him to her residence. Verdoux convinces her to marry him, and Grosnay's friends hold a large public wedding to Verdoux's disapproval. Unexpectedly, Bonheur shows up to the wedding. Panicking, Verdoux fakes a cramp to avoid being seen and eventually deserts the wedding.

Before the Second World War breaks out, the European markets collapse, and Verdoux loses his assets. The Girl, now well-dressed and chic, once again finds Verdoux on the street. She invites him to an elegant dinner at a high-end restaurant as a gesture of gratitude for his actions earlier. The girl has married a man she doesn't love to be well-off. Verdoux reveals that he has lost his family. At the restaurant, members of the Couvais family recognize Verdoux and attempt a pursuit. Verdoux is able to bid the girl farewell before being captured by investigators.

Verdoux is exposed and convicted of murder. Before being led to the guillotine, he dismisses his killing of a few, for which he has been condemned, as no worse than the killing of many in war, for which others are honored.Plot[edit]

Henri Verdoux had been a bank teller for thirty years before being laid off. To support his wife and child, he turns to the business of marrying and murdering wealthy widows. The Couvais family becomes suspicious when Thelma Couvais draws all her money and disappears, only two weeks after marrying a man named "Varnay", whom they only know through a photograph. As Verdoux (Chaplin) prepares to sell the residence of the murdered Thelma, widowed Marie Grosnay visits the residence. Verdoux sees her as another "business" opportunity and attempts to charm her, but she refuses. In the following weeks, Verdoux has a flower girl repeatedly send Grosnay flowers. In need of money to invest, Verdoux, as M. Floray, visits widow Lydia Floray (Hoffman), who complains that his engineering job has kept him away too long. That night, Verdoux murders her for her money.

Verdoux develops a poison untraceable by autopsy to use as a better means to kill. He meets The Girl (Nash) on a rainy night on the street, takes her in, and gives her poisoned wine along with eggs and toast. She thanks him for his kindness, remarks about love, her dead husband (who served in the war), and how she still believes in love. Verdoux changes his mind as she is about to sip the wine, and he spares the girl. She leaves unknowing of his cynical intentions.

Verdoux makes several attempts to murder Annabella Bonheur, including by strangulation while boating, and by poisoned wine, but she manages to escape unknowingly while putting Verdoux himself in danger or near death. Grosnay eventually relents to the continual flowers from Verdoux and invites him to her residence. Verdoux convinces her to marry him, and Grosnay's friends hold a large public wedding to Verdoux's disapproval. Unexpectedly, Bonheur shows up to the wedding. Panicking, Verdoux fakes a cramp to avoid being seen and eventually deserts the wedding.

Before the Second World War breaks out, the European markets collapse, and Verdoux loses his assets. The Girl, now well-dressed and chic, once again finds Verdoux on the street. She invites him to an elegant dinner at a high-end restaurant as a gesture of gratitude for his actions earlier. The girl has married a man she doesn't love to be well-off. Verdoux reveals that he has lost his family. At the restaurant, members of the Couvais family recognize Verdoux and attempt a pursuit. Verdoux is able to bid the girl farewell before being captured by investigators.

Verdoux is exposed and convicted of murder. Before being led to the guillotine, he dismisses his killing of a few, for which he has been condemned, as no worse than the killing of many in war, for which others are honored."

"Quotes"
    Henri Verdoux
    Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference.

Henri Verdoux
    Wars, conflict--it's all business. One murder makes a villain; millions, a hero. Numbers sanctify!

Henri Verdoux
    I shall see you ALL soon--very soon.

Priest
    May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

Henri Verdoux
    Why not? After all, it belongs to Him.

Henri Verdoux
    Business is a ruthless business, my dear.

Henri Verdoux: It's the approach of death that terrifies.

The Girl: I suppose, if the unborn knew of the approach of life, they'd be just as terrified.

The Girl: It's nice seeing you again, You'll never realise what your kindness meant to me.

Henri Verdoux: Kindness is a convenient thing at times, my dear.

The Prosecutor: Never, never in the history of jurisprudence have such terrifying deeds been brought to light. Gentlemen of the jury, you have before you a cruel and cynical monster. Look at him! Observe him, gentlemen. This man, who has brains, if he had decent instincts, could have made an honest living. And yet, he preferred to rob and murder unsuspecting women. In fact, he made a business of it. I do not ask for vengeance, but for the protection of society. For this mass killer, I demand the extreme penalty: that he be put to death on the guillotine. The State rests its case.

Judge: Monsieur Verdoux, you have been found guilty. Have you anything to say before sentence is passed upon you?

Henri Verdoux: Oui, monsieur, I have. However remiss the prosecutor has been in complimenting me, he at least admits that I have brains. Thank you, Monsieur, I have. And for thirty-five years I used them honestly. After that, nobody wanted them. So I was forced to go into business for myself. As for being a mass killer, does not the world encourage it? Is it not building weapons of destruction for the sole purpose of mass killing? Has it not blown unsuspecting women and little children to pieces? And done it very scientifically? As a mass killer, I am an amateur by comparison. However, I do not wish to lose my temper, because very shortly, I shall lose my head. Nevertheless, upon leaving this spark of earthly existence, I have this to say: I shall see you all...very soon...very soon.

Reporter: Listen, Verdoux, I've been your friend all through the trial. Now, give me a break, a story with a moral to it! You, the tragic example of a life of crime.

Henri Verdoux: I don't see how anyone can be an example in these criminal times.

Priest: May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

Henri Verdoux: Why not? After all, it belongs to Him.

5. Thanks tt9sdh thanked for this post
    Tham gia ngày
    May 19th 2012
    Nơi Cư Ngụ
    Bài gởi
    Post Thanks / Like

The Tramp Full Movie || Charlie Chaplin, Edna Purviance

7. Thanks tt9sdh thanked for this post
    Tham gia ngày
    May 19th 2012
    Nơi Cư Ngụ
    Bài gởi
    Post Thanks / Like

Charlie Chaplin Festival (1938)

Tham gia ngày
    May 19th 2012
    Nơi Cư Ngụ
    Bài gởi
    Post Thanks / Like

"Eternal Laughter" - A Comedy Compilation

10. Thanks tt9sdh, nhucanhvacbay thanked for this post
    Tham gia ngày
    May 19th 2012
    Nơi Cư Ngụ
    Bài gởi
    Post Thanks / Like

A DOG'S LIFE (1918) -- Charlie Chaplin, Edna Purviance

Wm. Thomas Sherman
    Published on Sep 24, 2012
    Here's some replacement music, adequate enough, for when the music runs out, and which you can have playing in a separate (hidden) tab:

A DOG'S LIFE (1918)
    Starring: Charlie Chaplin, Edna Purviance, Syd Chaplin, Bud Jamison, Henry Bergman, Albert Austin, Scraps (the dog)
    Directed by Chaplin
    First National Pictures

12. Thanks Haikich8 thanked for this post
Trang 3/3 đầuđầu 123